I pursued this career path because of my passion for helping young individuals and personal experiences growing up. Mental health services were not commonly sought after in my culture, and as a young proud black gay male, I faced various obstacles. However, I had a small but powerful support system that helped me through. Looking back, I wish I had a personal therapist to confide in and connect with. I am honored to be that person for someone else now.
Love: Is All Inclusive & Unconditional
Although I have a strong foundation in Applied Behavior Analysis and am often seen as a Behaviorist, I adopt an integrative approach that emphasizes individuals’ strengths and mindfulness during treatment. I employ various techniques such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI) to support my clients. My passion for positively impacting people’s lives is evident in all my professional endeavors.
Eastern Michigan University
- M.S. in Clinical Behavioral Psychology
- B.S. in Psychology (Applied Behavior Analysis Concentration); Minor in Communications
- Temporary Limited Licensed Psychologist (TLLP)
- Licensed Assistant Behavior Analyst (LABA)
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA)
As a psychologist, I aim to have a positive impact on people’s lives. I strive to build a healthy personal connection with you and facilitate continuous growth in your daily routine. I believe in self-improvement and recognize that to be of assistance to others, I must continually enhance my abilities and opportunities to support those in need.
Specialties & Areas of Interest:
Children and Adolescents who struggle with…
- Autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, anxiety, depression, and trauma
- Problem behaviors (i.e., tantrums, self-injury, aggression, and noncompliance)
- Sleep, toileting, coping skills, and academic performance
Parents/Guardians needing additional assistance with…
- Parent Management Support/Coaching
With an emphasis on contextually-informed person-centered care, I have obtained training in…
- Evidence-based therapies (child, adolescent, & adult)
- Applied behavior analysis (extensive experience working with children & adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- I’m an uncle of 6
- I’m a BIG kid at heart
- My favorite color is green
- My favorite hobbies are kickboxing, yoga, and learning Spanish & its culture