My practice is devoted to supporting children, teens, parents, couples, and young adults in creating a life they find meaningful and can thrive in. My style is warm, and building a strong and trusting relationship will be essential in our work together. I strive to appreciate and understand you or your child’s unique story and struggles, offer insights on issues that might be beyond your awareness, and share adaptive tools in managing your life’s challenges.
I utilizes a strength based approach in my practice. I believe in the importance of a healthy relationship between parents and children and between couples and find trauma informed attachment based interventions effective in my practice.
My roles at Mala consist of providing care to individual and family clients, and providing training and supervision to pre and post-graduate social work fellows.
- Children going through major life transitions, such as divorce or loss
- Couples and families who have experienced attachment wounds
- Children, teens, and young adults struggling with anxiety, depression, and trauma
- Children and teens with impulse control issues, peer challenges, and risky behaviors
- High risk teens who engage in self-harm and have thoughts of suicide
- Anxious parents who have difficulty responding to their child’s behavioral challenges
- Trauma Informed Care
- Attachment Based Play Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Masters in Social Work from Michigan State University